Passionflower Sue's Resources
I'm excited to share with you my most comprehensive list of resources, including business tools & applications, books, podcasts, templates, tools & supplies, floral resources, AND MORE...
Upcoming Events & Challenges
These are some upcoming events and challenges I want to share with you.
The FREESIA Challenge | Living Plant Design
Challenge opens April 24, 2022
4 problem-solving challenges combining design aesthetics with sustainability, responsibility, and innovation… the FREESIA Challenge will welcome florists, designers, and flower lovers across the globe to participate in a forward-thinking design competition committed to supporting sustainable practices for the betterment of the planet.
The Challenge will be 100% Free to join, and we encourage you to participate no matter your experience or skill level.
Collectively, we can explore solutions for reducing our impact on the environment.
Slow Flower Summit
June 26 - 28, 2022 | Pocantico, NY
The Slow Flowers Summit is a conference for creative professionals, thought leaders and pioneering voices in the progressive Slow Flowers community.
Designed to stimulate curiosity, examine conventional assumptions and explore conscious and ethical practices in the floral industry, the Summit agenda asks speakers and audience members alike to inquire, inform, include, instigate and inspire.
International Master Florist Education in Floral Design with Gregor Lersch
Starts November 5, 2022
This fulltime 20 days international Master in International Floral Design (MIFD), is held in 2 modules of 10 days. In the periode between the modules there will be homework assignments.
Registration is only possible for the complete course, meaning module 1 & 2. It is not possible to register for the modules separately.
Please take into consideration that when you register for the course, you will be registering for both modules!
I’m starting the hashtag #iloveflorists to highlight people who are offering sustainably-minded, low waste, solution-based information out of a LOVE and RESPECT for florists and floristry.
People who are driven to participate in the betterment and advancement of our industry in a welcoming, connection-focused way. People who recognize that this is a rich art form worthy of reverence.
I’d love this hashtag to take on a life of its own and be a place where people can scroll and receive practical solutions that they can implement now. A place that people can visit and leave feeling empowered, informed, and encouraged.
Interflora World Cup 2023 UK
September 7 - 9, 2023 | Manchester Central, UK
The Interflora World Cup is arguably the biggest event in floristry, it’s the world’s greatest floral design competition. Every four years, since 1972, the best of the best amazing florists from around the world compete in a major international city to win the coveted title of Interflora World Champion.
Business Tools & Apps
These are business tools and applications that I am currently using (or have used) in my own business.
Manage projects, book clients, send invoices, and get paid - all on HoneyBook.
Get 20% off for one year
Creative Law Shop®
Legal documents, contracts, etc.
25% off everything (ends March 4th at midnight)
Receive 10% with my code: PFSUE10
Florist software that helps you prevent pricing errors and end overbuying.
Receive one free month of service (when you create your EveryStem account) with my code: passionflowersue
NOTE: Monthly members pay for their 1st month when they join and receive their 2nd month free. Annual members will get a free month added-on to their membership. They pay for 10 months up front and get 13 months of service with this code.
Details Flowers Software
A platform specifically designed to help florists and designers do more and earn more.
The app streamlines proposals, ensures profitability through careful attention to each arrangement, and simplifies the payment process.
Graphic design platform used to create social media graphics, presentations, posters, documents and other visual content.
Join and receive 50% off your membership with code PASSION50
With your $497 membership fee, you will receive the following:
- Proposals created at 3% of product total
- Personalized Profitability Audit
- Couple Intake Form Template
- 1 Free Recipe from our Shop
- Membership in our online community
- 3 Expedited Charges Waived
- A 30 minute Coaching Session
These are colleagues in the industry that Sue has worked with and learned from.
Flower Math is The Florist's Guide to Pricing and Profitability
* Maximize Your Profit Margin On Flowers & Supplies
* Make Generating Cash A Simple and Clear Process
* Up Your Income
* Feel Confident Quoting Weddings & Pricing Everyday Arrangements
Save $100 using my special link!
Wedding SEO Bootcamp is the only live SEO program just for wedding pros.
In just 4 days, Sara teaches wedding business owners like yourself — wedding planners, photographers, venues, florists, and more — how to make big, strategic changes to how you show up online.
Whether I've been a guest or just a listener, these are some podcasts that I recommend.
The Sustainable Flowers Podcast
I highly recommend the interviews with Linda D'Arco of Little Farmhouse Flowers.
Flowers for All, by Susan McLeary
My book is available for pre-order! Makes a great gift for florists and flower lovers of all skill levels. I'd greatly appreciate your help getting the book out into the world!Pre-Order the Book Today!
There are several books that I recommend, including my very own "The Art of Wearable Flowers" --
as well as many others, including:
- The AIFD Guide to Floral Design
- The Flower School, by Joseph Massie
- Wild At Home, by Hilton Carter
- Urban Jungle, by Igor Josifovic
- A Year in Flowers, by Erin Benzakein
- Cut Flower Garden, by Erin Benzakein
- Color Me Floral, by Kiana Underwood
- Foraged Flora, by Louesa Roebuck
- Flower Color Guide, by Taylor & Michael Putnam
- Seasonable Flower Arranging, by Ariella Chezar & Julie Michaels
- The Art of Floral Design, by N.T. Hunter
- The Flower Workshop, by Ariella Chezar & Julie Michaels
- In Full Flower, by Gemma Ingalls
- Principles of Floral Design, by Pat Diehl Scace & James M. DelPrince
- Daniel Ost in Kyoto
- Botanical Metamorphosis, by Hideyuki Niwa & Kiyokazu Nakajima
- Whispering Flowers, by Stichting Kunstboek
- Japanese Contemporary Floral Art, by Hiroyuki Oka
- Fleur Creatif Magazine
"I'm using your fabulous book!!! It's so good and helpful. You put everything into it; no holding back. Thank you. Thank you. You are a fab teacher sharing so many things." -- Genia S.
"I did a photoshoot last month and got a few pics of me at the same time. The photoshoot features some wearables (including the one I made for myself) and I'd taken my inspo book WEARABLE FLOWERS by Passionflowersue. The photographer snapped a few with me reading." -- Althea Wiles
(photo credit: Sydney Rasch)
These are supplies I recommend (and use) that can be purchased on Amazon:
- Panacea Products Arched Lattice Arbor, Black
- American Excelsior Aspen Wool Packing Filler
- M-D Hobby & Craft Chicken Wire
- Richland Oasis Floral Adhesive Tube (set of 6)
- 18" Oasis Florist Netting, Green (150 ft. roll)
- Sparthos Kinesiology Tape (uncut 2 inch x 15.4 feet roll)
- Floralife Quick Dip 100 Instant Hydration Treatment (1 gallon)
- 3MM Intensive Cotton Pipe Cleaners - white (300 pcs)
- OASIS Rustic Wire - natural (10 rolls)
- OASIS Rustic Wire - brown (1 roll)
- OASIS Rustic Wire - green (1 roll)
- OASIS Green Waterproof Tape (1/2"x60yrd)
- Leather Grain Upholstery Faux Leather - off white matte
- 4" Aquatube by Syndicate Sales - clear (bag of 100)
- Pillow Floral Cage for Centerpieces and Vases (6" wide - 2 pk)
- OASIS 24-gauge Floral Wire (pack of 300)
- OASIS 18-gauage Floral Wire (pack of 85)
- Lomey Corsage Magnets (12 per package)
- Floral Tape - brown (1/2 x 30 yards, 2 packs)
- Syndicate Sales Clear Cylinder (4x6)
- Offering, Donation Buckets - black (12 pack)
- Ubermatte paint in "crema"
- Cemetery Cones
- 6" natural bamboo skewers
- 8" taper candles
These are tools I recommend (and use) that can be purchased on Amazon:
- Conair Extreme Steam Hand Held Fabric Steamer
- Gingher Inc. Fabric Scissors
- DEWALT 20V hammer drill
- Clauss Fixed Blade Straight Floral Knives (box of 10)
- Lindstrom Round Nose Pliers
- Clauss Snapper Wire Cutters with round Points
- ARS Flower Scissors
- PopSockets: collapsible grip and stand for phones and tablets
These are studio essentials I recommend (and use) that can be purchased on Amazon:
- Fibrerglass Egg Head Femal Mannequin Torso + Metal Base - matte white
- Traders and Company Spanish 100% Recycled Clear Glass Head (11.5" H)
- Baoblaz Stable Premium Head Display Stand
- LANSH Bamboo Lazy Susan (12-inches)
- Glorytec 80 Gallon Garden Bag - extra large - 4 handles (3 pack)
- Seventh Generation Paper Towels, 100% recycled paper (2-ply, 6 roll, 6 count - pack of 2)
- Seventh Generation Professional All-Purpose Cleaner
- Seventh Generation Dish Liquid Soap
Vase & Supply Websites
These are my go-to sites and favorites.
Glassware, Aquaforms, plastics, and more... including Holly Chapple exclusively for Syndicate
6" Demi Footed Bowl (alternative to a Strøm Bowl)
18" Florist Netting (chicken wire)
4" Aquatube (water tubes)
Pots & planters, vases & Vessels, candles & candleholders, home accents, and more.
Santorini Vase (similar to Noe Kuremoto vessel)
Jewelry bases and more.
Vases, candle + holder, silk flowers + plants, garden + planters, décor + accents, floral supplies, boxwood + grass + dried, trays, holiday, and more.
12-inch Antique Brass Bowl